My cousin Jaimie (technically she is my cousin-in-law) 🙂 nominated me for a Liebster Award. It is a fun way to introduce smaller blogs to new people. She is so sweet and has the most adorable son Gunder. Hop on over and check her blog out when you have a moment won’t you?
So I get to have a little fun with this and then share the love!!
First 11 random things about me…(this may be tough but let’s see)
1. I am a morning person. Up at 5am and ready to start the day but by 8pm I am beat!
2. I spell the word “receive” wrong every time I type it – thank God for spell check.
3. I was the first person in 7th grade to have both glasses and braces at the same time. I embodied the “nerd” look well that year!
4. I always thought I wanted to have twins after growing up with 2 sets of twins in my neighborhood.
5. I love baking and would enjoy taking a cake decorating class some day.
6. I hated my name growing up and wished I had been named Jennifer. I don’t feel that way anymore!
7. I love shopping online and finding good deals!
8. I was sure I was going to be a physical therapist when I grew up but Organic Chem in my freshman year of college changed that for me!
9. I LOVE decorating for Christmas and wish the season lasted longer.
10. I would love to learn how to play the guitar but I am not sure the tips of my fingers could handle it!
11. I love singing….singing is my favorite! 🙂
So now Jaimie had 11 questions for me to answer!
If you could redo one thing from your past, what would it be?
Oh boy there are lots of things I might change – but the truth is every mistake I made, the consequences etc., helped me shape my faith and grow into the person I am today so I guess I have to say my past is my past for a reason! 🙂
What is your favorite book?
The Bible of course – but also anything by Angie Smith.
Where is the best place you have visited?
I don’t have a long list of places that I have travelled – but I did go to Jamaica on a mission trip in college with Karlena that was amazing!
Who do you miss?
Karlena of course. 3 years she has been gone and you don’t stop missing your best friend.
If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?
Poverty – especially with children
Have you ever lied about your weight?
Hmm…honestly I don’t think so??
Are you a coffee drinker?
Nope not at all – much to the dismay of my husband who would just love to sit on the porch with me and dip coffee together…although we never sit on the porch so I am not sure what he is talking about! 😉
Do you wear any clothing items that you have owned for more than ten years?
I don’t think so. My style has really changed in the past several years so I don’t think I would ever wear what I had in my closet back then! 🙂
If you could trade in your current vehicle for any other, what would it be?
I drive a mini van, which is wonderful for our family, but it doesn’t have AWD…so probably something that would have that, and fit my family, and get good gas mileage (ha!)
What would you like children to learn in school?
More about God! Heck anything about God!
Now for My 11 questions for the blogs I am nominating! 🙂
1. What is your favorite time of the day?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Salty or sweet?
5. If you could have one wish granted what would it be?
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
8. What book are you currently reading?
9. What is the last package you received in the mail?
10. How many loads of laundry do you do in a week?
11. What is the best Christmas present you have ever received?
So the 3 blogs that I am going to “nominate” are:
Laura at Hentown Mama (A fellow dreamer and sweet friend I finally met at Allume)
Delonna at Clothed in Love (is also a dreamer with a wonderful jewelry shop and this week she has some great deals happening!!)
Mel at Barefoot Mel (a new sister and fellow dreamer, roomie at Allume and Voxer friend…while I consider Mel a “bigger” blogger…I was just excited to read her answers!! 🙂 )
So there you have it! A fun reason to get back into blogging again after a long break, it seems! Go check out my blogger friends and find someone new to follow in the process! 🙂